ALTECH understands the relationship between production and energy efficiency. When it comes to conducting feasibility studies and designing and implementing the solution, Altech has experience with most industries and a wide variety of projects.
ALTECH has the ability to complete facility wide energy assessments as well as targeted feasibility studies. Altech looks for energy savings as well as production efficiencies, which translate into lower energy per unit cost.
With every assessment, we offer our proprietary software program, E2 Action, to help our clients continue to track energy consumption. E2 Action is an easy to use tool that tracks energy consumption with production to give a valuable calculation on energy efficiency.
In Plant Assessments
Complete energy audits and evaluations of energy use and efficiency opportunities for both electrical and fuel-based savings (natural gas, fuel oils and alternative fuels). Focused optimization studies for production and efficiency improvements including:
- Boiler, steam and hot water system evaluations including efficiency improvements, boiler tune-ups, waste heat recovery, etc.;
- Refrigeration and cooling system improvements including load balancing and streamlining of distribution of cooling capacity;
- Air compressor balancing and optimization;
- Power factor and load factor improvements;
- Plant Air Balancing and HVAC efficiencies including assessment of air quality;
- Electrical and gas metering studies; and
- Design and installation of monitoring equipment and software to produce reports and respond with production or operational changes.
Design/Build Energy Upgrades
- Scoping and assessment of implementation requirements for energy upgrades including conceptual design and capital requirements.
- Detailed engineering for installation/integration of capital projects.
- Detailed design and commissioning of co-generation projects including turbines, waste heat recovery, biogas collection, etc.
- Construction management, start-up and commissioning.
Monitoring and Targeting (M&T)
The moniker “you can’t control what you don’t measure” is particularly true with energy. As an ‘invisible’ entity, it is hard to visualize energy consumption unless it is metered. Altech can help your see energy consumption and make changes to save money.
ALTECH offers the turnkey ability to design an M&T program, install the equipment, commission the system, and provide software to manage the data to allow you to make immediate changes to consumption that will save you money. We work with both electricity and natural gas.
M&T is best implemented tailored to your operation with specific objectives that reflect a plan or strategy designed to achieve production efficiency. For example:
- Base line monitoring of energy into the facility and sub metering to measure energy used by production departments. This allows for charge backs to the department for full cost accounting for the activities of the department. This can encourage energy conservation by department.
- In high energy but seasonal operations (eg. vegetable processing), sub metering to monitor sub components of production and to make immediate changes to energy consumption that exceeds pre-determined targets.
- Sub metering of automated lines used for multiple products to determine which line is more efficient for specific products.
- Metering to monitor zones of large production equipment (eg. commercial ovens) to optimize zonal consumption (eg. temperature), while still maintaining quality.
- Metering commercial refrigeration systems to drive them to meet temperature requirements during periods of lower electrical cost, avoiding peak demand rates.
ALTECH can design and install a network tailored to your operation with the expressed objective of reducing energy cost.