Department Manager – Engineering, Energy & Audit Services (EEAS) Division
Altech is a leading multi-disciplinary consulting firm of engineers and environmental scientists, based in Toronto, Canada. Since its founding in 1986, the firm has established a reputation for providing clients with leading-edge technical knowledge, environmental compliance support, property risk management and energy efficiency, together with highly efficient and effective environmental problem solving.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the President, this key position holds senior responsibility as Manager of Altech’s EEAS department, which specializes in environmental engineering, compliance and energy management consulting for clients across Ontario and internationally. Responsibilities also include senior project consulting, strategic planning and business development.
- Provide project oversite, technical direction and coaching to senior and junior engineering and scientific staff;
- Manage and participate on large to medium-sized projects, including having responsibility for senior project input, client interface, regulatory liaison, subcontracting, project team assignments, resource scheduling, project completion and reporting as required, for all areas of expertise of the department.
- Implement corporate project QA/QC procedures for the department.
Client Relationship Management:
- Manage relationships with current and future key clients.
- Respond to reactive project opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Attend and present at relevant conferences and write/publish articles, to help elevate corporate profile.
Supervisory & Managerial:
- Assume line supervision for a dynamic staff of engineers and scientists, providing direction, leadership and coaching/mentoring.
- Manage the departmental budget and staff resources.
- Participate in corporate strategic and tactical planning; co-develop and implement annual business plans to grow the revenues and profitability of the EEAS division.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in environmental or resource efficiency engineering and/or environmental science, with specialization in industrial energy engineering, environmental compliance auditing and/or water and wastewater engineering.
- Successful and relevant staff management experience.
- Strong project management skills, staff leadership, business acumen & decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Proven business development and client relationship skills.
- Ontario Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) licensure. In addition, a Certified Environmental Auditor designation or Certified Energy Manager accreditation are considerable assets.
If you would like more information or to be considered in confidence for this senior position, please submit your response including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Opportunity EEAS-1801
Altech is constantly seeking dynamic people to join our professional team. If you’re interested in joining us and feel you can add value for our Clients, please send your résumé, in confidence, to ALTECH Human Resources by facsimile at (416) 467-9824, or email email@example.com. No calls or agencies please.